- 25 years at Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa as HOD Biotechnology and Food Technology and Associate Professor.
- 2006: Joined Consumer Goods Council of South Africa and established a food safety body for the food industry, a first for the country.
- 2011: Started own successful national and international food safety consulting and training business, Anelich Consulting.
Listeriosis outbreak in SA: Prof Anelich provided regular updates and opinions to stakeholders since early January 2018. She was interviewed over 40 times for printed media, radio and TV, spoken at 12 workshops / conferences nationally and internationally and co-organized three workshops on this topic for SAAFoST. She accompanied industry as technical expert to meetings with government, including with the South African Ministers of Health and Agriculture.
Prof Anelich is:
- President of SAAFoST
- Adjunct Professor at Central University of Technology
- Member of ICMSF
- Immediate Past Chair of Scientific Council of IUFoST
- Fellow of International Academy of Food Science and Technology
- Co-editor of new book “Present Knowledge in Food Safety”
- Technical expert and consultant for FAO and UNIDO
Prof Anelich served 4 years as Food Hygiene Expert for the African Union (IBAR), authored/co-authored a number of publications and chapters in books and presented over 140 talks nationally and internationally.