- Obtained a B tech Environmental Health and BA in Public Administration.
- During the time of holding the position of Assistant Head of Health Services at the City Council of Springs he extended his field of expertise to food safety which included further studies in food safety management systems.
- After ending his career at the local authority in 1999 he became involved in product development, experienced life as owner of an artisanal cheese factory, worked as a food safety consultant for various brand names in the food industry as well as external food safety auditor in the retail sector.
- He is currently the Managing Director of the Dairy Standard Agency (DSA), serves on several technical committees of the SABS and standing advisory committees of the International dairy Federation.
- The DSA is an independent non-profit organisation which primary objective is to promote dairy quality (product composition), food safety and metrology compliance in the interest of the industry and the consumer.